Leadership Kingsport Application
Thank you for your interest in the Leadership Kingsport program. Below is a digital form copy of the program application. Please read the following information before completing the form.
Founded in 1983, Leadership Kingsport is a program of the Kingsport Chamber Foundation. Approximately 30 area residents are chosen each year to participate.
Leadership Kingsport’s mission is “to develop leaders who give life to community dreams.” Anyone interested in serving the community is encouraged to apply.
This program provides opportunities for leaders and emerging leaders from various sectors of the community to study local and regional issues, and to further develop their leadership skills.
Selection of Leadership Kingsport participants will be based on:
- Interest in serving on boards, commissions, in volunteer roles and/or in public office.
- Demonstrated commitment, motivation, and interest to serve the community.
- Recognized leadership ability in community, civic, professional or other organizations.
- Attaining a cross section of participants from business, government, community service, minorities, etc.
- Orientation – August
- Mandatory Retreat – September
- Program Days are normally the second Thursday of each month, October – May, 8am-5pm.
- Mandatory Nashville trip – March
Full attendance and participation in the Leadership Kingsport program is expected.
Orientation, Retreat, Nashville trip, and Community Impact Projects Day are mandatory.
Attendance at all program days is expected (any absence must be approved and make-up work completed in order to be eligible for graduation)
Non-refundable tuition covers retreat, food, lodging, training materials, monthly training sessions and administrative costs. Tuition is $2,000.
Questions? Want to get involved?
Contact us using the form below. We look forward to working with you!