Thank you for your interest in the S.H.O.U.T. Youth Leadership program. Below is a digital form copy of the program application. Please read the following information before completing the form.
To develop, in an interactive environment, the leadership skills and community awareness of selected high school students. Since 1989, the program has developed young leaders and exposed them to the various elements which help form a strong, dynamic community.
Summer S.H.O.U.T.!® will be held one full week in June. We will meet 8:30 a.m. until approximately 4:00 p.m. each day except for Friday when a graduation will be held around lunchtime.
We will also do another summer session in July from 1:00 p.m. to approximately 8:00 p.m. followed by graduation on the last day at approximately 6:00 p.m.
You will choose which week works best with your schedule. Additional activities outside of the times above will be communicated prior to the class.
Each day will consist of developing leadership skills and community awareness through interactive programs, speakers and other activities while having fun and making new friends.
Please make sure that all of the listed items are taken care of before submitting your application to your Kingsport Chamber of Commerce.
- You have carefully considered your schedule and other activities so that you can commit to attend all of the H.O.U.T.!® sessions.
- You have completed all the questions on the application.
- You have attached three reference forms completed by adults who are not parents or relatives. Reference forms must be from three different sources, i.e., school, community, church, scouts, etc.
- Your parent or legal guardian has signed your application.
- Tuition is $200.00 and is due after acceptance.
If you have questions, contact Vanessa Bennett, Executive Director of Operations and Kingsport Leadership Programs, 392-8813, [email protected].
Questions? Want to get involved?
Contact us using the form below. We look forward to working with you!